CEO Coach, Marshall Goldsmith, recently blogged about his new model for leadership development that involves 8 steps outlined in more detail at http://tinyurl.com/ko9dbhk.
I always appreciate his practical ideas that can have powerfully results. Here are the eight steps:
1. Ask: Ask people “How can I be a better _________ (manager, partner, team member, etc.)?
2. Listen: Listen to their answers.
3. Think: Think about their input. What does it mean?
4. Thank: Thank people for sharing this valuable feedback with you.
5. Respond: Respond positively when receiving input.
6. Involve: Involve the people around you to support your change efforts.
7. Change: Change isn’t an academic exercise. Act on what you learn.
8. Follow-up: Follow up regularly and stakeholders will notice the positive actions you’re taking based on their input.