Every organization goes through change. Perhaps yours is:
- Emerging from a merger or acquisition
- Recovering from a crisis
- Preparing to enter a new market or re-branding
Whatever the change, it is essential not only to manage the immediate logistics and requirements inherent in that change, but to also bring your employees and the organizational culture along with you.
Leadership too often gets caught up in the business of transformation, and forgets that employees are standing by, wondering, making assumptions, getting nervous and developing inaccurate expectations. We have all experienced it – the CEO shares the big-picture messages to his leadership team and it gets stuck there. Managers and supervisors are only vaguely aware of the context and the “why” behind the change. Campaigns become the “flavor of the month” and credibility is lost. Senior leaders are perceived as living in the “ivory tower” and removed from what is really happening, and all of this results in employees not being engaged or invested in the company’s success.
The solution is a disciplined approach to cascading communication. The graphic outlines that three-phase approach. In essence, it involves:
- Message Mastery – Developing and defining the change message with senior leaders so that everyone is singing from the same song sheet.
- Viral Conversations – Creating easy to use “tool kits” for all managers and supervisors to drive message congruence and consistency.
- Vision Engagement – Effective cascading builds the culture, aligns employees to business goals, and ignites engagement.
This process will allow you to:
- Increase employee engagement substantially
- Move team members from Toxic Messengers to Business Champions
- Create a direct line of sight between every employee’s role and the organization’s goals
- Train and coach leaders to drive messaging that engages employees, delivers a superior customer experience, reaches performance goals, and builds the brand.
Contact us today to schedule a 20-minute conversation to find out more about how we can assist you in fully engaging your employees in your vision.